Tuesday 13 September 2016

Formal Email

To: Brad Blackstone
Subject: Introduction – Clarabelle Chui

Dear Brad,

My name is Clarabelle Chui from Tutorial 5, SIE Building Services 2016. The purpose of writing this email is to introduce myself. I graduated from Singapore Polytechnic and attained a diploma in Maritime Business in year 2016. The reason why I chose this course was because I am always fascinated about operations of vessels and how they transport goods worldwide.

What sparked my interest in joining this degree course is due to my final year project in polytechnic. The purpose of the project is to target sustainability in ports. We got to explore different areas in which we can go green and help to reduce electricity usage. As fossil fuels are burnt to generate electricity, it is not environmentally friendly at all. We came up with the idea of using geothermal energy which can be found in Singapore. Through this project, I realized the importance of conserving our limited resources in our country.


My goals in SIT are to be able to acquire more knowledge in this field of study. This is because for now, I am still considered as a novice in building and engineering areas. Not only that, I wish to develop and improve my communication skills which is an essential in the work force. I hope I will be able to use what I have learnt not only in making buildings more sustainable but also in the marine sector.

I thank you for your time in reading this email and I look forward to your class to learn more!


Yours Sincerely,
Clarabelle Chui

Edited on: 18/09/2016

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Clara, for this fine letter. It's well focused and highly informative. It's good to know that you are so well versed in the dangers posed by fossil fuels.

    There are a few minor language problems here, including in verb tense and sentence structure (a run on sentence). Can you find those problems?

    ReplyDelete