Friday 25 November 2016

Analytical Reflection - Oral Presentation

The purpose of this reflection journal is to review about my presentation on 14th November, 2016. In that presentation, I presented about the Altered: Nozzle and the feasibility to be implemented in SIT in order to reduce water wastage and to create water conservation awareness.

I was feeling nervous as the slides consist mainly of pictures and not many words and at the same time, excited, as it was the first time presenting to my peers. Since my audiences were my classmates, even though I managed to pull off the presentation, I felt that I may not do as well if I were to present to people I do not know.

I felt that the sequence our group planned for the presentation was good as it explained the need in saving water to how a simple device will be able to achieve the objective. Our slides did not have many words so that the audiences can focus their attention on us. I liked that I was able to bring out the contents I have practiced prior to the presentation and also I was able to speak fluently. It shows that one is well prepared and it looks more professional to the audiences that one speaks properly.

I was taught in class that it is important to give ample eye contacts and to interact with audiences. Therefore, through the presentation, I tried to look to them equally. Even though I maintained my eye contacts, I could have engaged more with them by asking more questions so they will feel a connection with me. Also, the presentation slides should be improved by removing the numbering.

Lastly, even though I am satisfied with the presentation, I believe there is still room for improvements such as slowing down my speed when presenting. This allows people to fully comprehend what I am saying. 

3 comments:

  1. Hi Clara,

    I think you performed quite well during your presentation. Despite being nervous, you managed to pull off your presentation by presenting your ideas clearly. Keep it up!

    I wish you all the best for the presentation showcase! 

    Cheers,
    Nana Rafiana

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Clara, for this detailed post.

    Your review of the first presentation and preparation anew certainly paid off in a fine presentation during the showcase!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Brad & Rafiana,

    Thank you for your feedback and the compliment!

    ReplyDelete